Why study in the UK?
The UK education system is flexible, so you can study in a way that suits your lifestyle and career aspirations.
When you study in the UK you meet people from different nationalities, sharing their backgrounds and discovering new perspectives.
The benefits of studying in the UK
- The UK institutions consistently rank among the best in the world and qualifications are internationally valued and recognized.
- The UK undertakes 5 per cent of the world’s scientific research and produces 14 per cent of the world’s most frequently cited papers.
- UK institutions offer flexibility of choice and enable you to blend academic and vocational courses of your choice.
- The teaching and study methodology used in the UK give you the freedom to be creative and develop skills sets and confidence.
- As a student you get the opportunity to be taught by the world’s leading academics and experts; you also benefit from their constant academic support.
- UK degrees can be tailored to your interests and often include specialized modules.
- The UK is the home of English hence an ideal place to develop language skills and enhance employment prospects.
- U.K graduates considered most ‘Employable’ worldwide
- Cost of living in U.K. is pound 7200 – pound 9000 p.a.
- Cost of Education pound 8000 – pound 25000 p.a.
- Allowed 20 hrs. per week part – time work
- Average part – time income per week is pound 112.20.
Courses in the UK
The UK is home to some of the world’s top universities, which attract thousands of students and researchers every year, including many from India. It is also the world leader in many areas of education including engineering, science, art & design, business & management, law and finance. Its reputation and legacy as an epicenter for scientific research makes it a place to be, especially for some of the very best thinkers in the world. In fact, with only one per cent of the world’s population, the UK is responsible for eight per cent of global scientific publications.
If you need additional guidance on applying for a foundation, undergraduate or postgraduate course etc., contact one of our experts….
Student visa to the UK
Most international students need a student visa to study in the UK. Finding out whether you need a visa to study is easy – simply check here on GOV.UK. Your student visa will allow you to live and study in the UK throughout your course.
If you attend our pre- departure briefing you will pick up more handy tips on your visa application.
Types of student visa
TIER 4 (GENERAL) STUDENT VISAS
If you are 16 or over and want to study at higher education level, you’ll need to apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa.
You need to wait until you have an offer from a university or college before applying for your Tier 4 (General) student visa. Your university or college will then be able to give you a document called a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS). To do this, your chosen institution needs to be approved by the UK government as a ‘licenced Tier 4 sponsor’.
General Student Visa (Tier 4)
Find out more about Tier 4 (General) Student Visas
- Knowledge of English
- Documents you must provide
- Extend your visa
- Switch to this visa
- Family members
- Checklist: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/tier-4-student-visa-checklist